Sunday, March 15, 2009

Jamie and Todd - Wedding

Jamie and Todd's wedding took place at The Queen Anne Victorian Mansion in North Portland on Saturday. It was a 7pm ceremony with Jamie and Todd staying apart beforehand. I knew ambient light would be in real short supply going in so I armed myself to the teeth with off camera lighting, speedlights and extra batteries. If I haven't said so yet, the Queen Anne Mansion is AMAZING. It's full of these great nooks and crannies for great portrait shots. However, the close quarters and low light can make it tricky for a shooter not packing extra lighting power, but I came prepared!

Anyway, Jamie and Todd are a really nice, laid back couple who unfortunately had their wedding plans turned upside down with the closing of the Empress Palace in February along with 27 other couples. Not only did their venue tank, but it took their sizable deposit along with it - no good! Fortunately, Jamie contacted me early this past week and we were able to work out a great quick coverage package.

It's looking like everything came together fabulously in the end. Jamie, who has a lot of modeling experience, went for a vintage pinup theme for her wedding. It came together AMAZINGLY well and I am super excited at how fun the shots have turned out. I think her theme matched perfectly with the Queen Anne. Anyway, congrats again to Jamie and Todd! Enjoy the shots everyone...















No comments: